The affective processes of restorative engagement may help you if you’ve experienced any of the following:
- constant sense of distraction due to worry, stress, anxiousness, agitation or shame
- diminished sense of motivation or frequent feelings of dread, burnout or resentment
- experiences of overwhelm during social engagements or frequent periods of isolation
- chronic feelings of secretiveness or fear that shameful personal information will be exposed
- past exposure to dangerous circumstances that required you to compromise your values in order to survive
- exposure to significant loss, traumatic loss or repeat experiences of powerlessness
Restorative Engagement Therapy is a multi-layered process for reflecting on significant experiences and circumstances which have impacted your life. By understanding the events and conditions you have endured, we get a better sense of why your nervous-system is in a perpetually vigilant state of self-preservation. Through affective processes, these systems can be prompted for re-conditioning and more efficient self-regulation, ultimately cultivating increased opportunities for quiet optimism and peace of mind.